Our Spring session runs from Monday, January 28th to Saturday, April 20th.
There will be a Spring Break from March 10th-17th.
TUMBLEBABY CRAWLERS (Age 0-2)
Parents work with their child using suggestions by the Gymnastics Instructor. The basic format is 5-8 minutes of group music, songs & body part recognition exercises followed by a 30 minute obstacle course emphasizing rolling, swinging, core strength development, large & small muscle group activities and closing with 5-8 minutes of parachute & hand apparatus activities. BabyCrawler Parent Information Sheet
- Monday 8:45 – 9:10 am
- Saturday 8:45 – 9:10 am
Parents work with their child using suggestions by the Gymnastics Instructor. The basic format is 5-8 minutes group music, songs & body part recognition exercises followed by a 30 minute obstacle course emphasizing rolling, swinging, core strength development, large & small muscle group activities and closing with 5-8 minutes of parachute, ball, etc. activities. BabyWalker Parent Information Sheet
- Monday 9:30 – 10:10 am
- Tuesday 9:30 – 10:10 am
- Wednesday 9:30 – 10:10 am
- Saturday 9:30 – 10:10 am
TUMBLEBUGS GYMNASTICS (Age 3-4)
This transition class (without parents) provides children with listening skills, learning to follow directions, social skills as well as basic gymnastic and movements skills developmentally appropriate for age 3-4 year olds.
- Wednesday 10:15 – 10:55 am
- Saturday 10:15 – 10:55 am
Children learn basic gymnastic and movement skills developmentally appropriate for their age. Group and individual activities are included to enhance social skills as well as fitness level.
- Thursday 5:30 – 6:25 pm
- Saturday 11:00 – 11:55 am
COMBO BUGS/BEES (Age 3-5)
A combination of the TumbleBugs and TumbleBees classes for students of either age group.
- Monday 10:15 – 10:55 am
A gymnastics basics class for former TumbleBees, children new to gymnastics or those who are not able to perform a cartwheel and handstand alone without falling.
- Monday 4:30 – 5:25 pm
- Tuesday 5:00 – 5:55 pm
- Thursday 6:30 – 7:25 pm
GYMNASTICS 2 (Age 6-12)
Entry Skill Requirements — handstand & cartwheel without assistance or falling.
- Monday 5:30 – 6:25 pm
- Tuesday 6:00 – 6:55 pm
- Thursday 4:30 – 5:25 pm
GYMNASTICS 3 /4
Entry Skill Requirements — back kick over, roundoff, pullover & cast on bar AND completed a Gymnastics 1 or 2 Session.
- Monday 6:30 – 7:40 pm
- Tuesday 7:00 – 8:10 pm
BAY Gymnastics Policy
- Pre-registration & payment is required before the class, whether through a registration form at the front desk or through online registration at www.bloomsburgy.org/register
- Child cannot be placed in a class without full payment.
- All Session Fees will be pro-rated when registering after after Week 1.
- Child must be the appropriate age the month of starting class.
- Clothing Requirement:
- Girls — leotard, no jewelry & hair tied back
- Boys — shorts & t-shirt
- Bare feet, gymnastic shoes or gripper socks.
- Leotards are available for purchase during August – October / December – February in the YMCA lobby.
- Missed Classes: One (1) missed class may be made-up per session that is scheduled with your child’s teacher.
- Cancelled Classes by the YMCA are made-up after last week of the Session. Parents are notified of the makeup day & time via class handout, posted flyer, BAY Gymnastics Facebook page and text.
- Weather Cancellations: Classes are cancelled only when the YMCA closes due to severe weather. Notifications will be put on BAY Gymnastics Facebook, YMCA Twitter, and phone call/text message or email. Please make sure your numbers are current and readable!
Bloomsburg Area YMCA Mission Statement
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is a cause-driven Columbia County organization that is dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. The Bloomsburg Area YMCA addresses these needs through our facilities, programs, and community collaborations with likeminded organizations.
Vision Statement - To nurture every child and teen, to improve the health and well-being of our community residents, and to support fellow cause-driven Columbia County Associations.
The Y is here for our community:
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA serves over 600 families in our community!
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA provides over 40 wellness classes each week to prevent childhood obesity, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes!
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA helps teach values and teamwork to over 200 children in our Y-care, preschool, and sport leagues, swim team, and gymnastics program.
Give the Y a Try!
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is so much more than just a gym! Learn what our members already know with a seven-day free trial!
Bloomsburg Area YMCA
30 East 7th Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
HOURS OF OPERATION
UNITED WAY - The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is a program partner with the Columbia County United Way