The Y offers a safe and supportive environment, competitive pay, and Y staff are provided with free Y memberships as well as discounts on programs and services.
Preschool Teacher / Teacher’s Aide
Responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program that complies with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures, nurtures children, provides meals, crafts, and instruction, and ensures students are kept clean and safe.
- Develop weekly lesson plans that are developmentally appropriate for all children.
- Provide a monthly overview calendar for parents to know what is coming up in the next month.
- Develop activities to stimulate the children.
- Create arts and crafts for children.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Promote literacy and early education.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Attend to children’s basic needs.
- Keep constant communication with parents regarding their child (ren).
- Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed about their child’s development.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol.
- Integrate special needs children in a respectful manner.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Identify problems and convene with professionals if necessary.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Organize and label materials, and display students’ work in a manner appropriate for their ages and perceptual skills.
- Participate in meetings and in-service training programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should be prepared to present necessary clearances, 2 letters of recommendation, CPR Certification, mandated reporter, and education transcripts. This position is temporary, potentially leading to permanent.
For more information, contact Ashley Miccio at email@example.com.
Director of Finance & Accounting
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Finance will oversee accounting, finance, and aspects of operations.
- Leads the operations and staff of Accounting/Finance departments.
- Does all bookkeeping functions.
- Works with Director of Operations & Membership on recording deposits and maintaining an accurate general ledger.
- Produces accurate, timely accounting records in accordance with internal policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversees external financial reporting, including the annual audit and form 990.
- Develops management reporting including statements to the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Enter AP and reconcile accounts.
- Assists Director of Operations and Membership in maintaining AR records and collections.
- Prints AP checks weekly and additional bookkeeping functions.
- Maintains internal controls throughout the Association, monitoring compliance, and implementing improvements.
- Assists with organization and departmental budgets.
- Works daytime shift
- Bachelor’s or associates degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Experience in Bookkeeping a plus.
- Brings a positive attitude, smile, and creates a positive member and staff experience.
- Additional duties and requests from the CEO to help the organization move forward.
Please send resume to Joe Reinard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRONT DESK SERVICE STAFF
The Front Desk Customer Service staff will interact with the members and uphold the member experience standards. They will be the daily point of contact for members, determining their needs and offering solutions to meet these needs. They will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to Y members, program participants and guest.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members.
- Actively interact and engage with members and prospects to determine needs; directing to the appropriate Director when necessary.
- Handle member requests and questions; problem solving.
- Gather and record member data in member profiles.
- Provides information and assistance related to membership rates, programs, services, scholarships and other Y amenities.
- Prepares member records and issues membership ID cards and handles all registration/enrollment transactions.
- Greet all guests as they enter the facility and adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Supporting the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly.
- Strong computer skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is seeking part-time Personal Trainers. Responsible for promoting the facility and company, introducing clients to the joys of fitness, and maintaining a positive experience for increased member retention. Must maintain CPR & First Aid Certification and have current, nationally-recognized personal training certification. Should have a friendly, approachable, and supportive demeanor and create a rapport with clients, members, and staff.
Contact Max at email@example.com or call 570-784-0188.
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is now accepting applications for our Y-Care program. This candidate will be responsible for watching and caring for children during the Y-Care programs before and after school. Clearances, health assessment, and TB test are required for this position. Applications are available at the YMCA or online.
Contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 570-784-0188.
Bloomsburg Area YMCA Nondiscrimination Policy – Part of Personnel Policy.
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA does not discriminate against any person because of her/his race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation (which shall not include children as the sex object), age, ancestry, disability or marital status in the provision of or access to services, employment and activities. This is in accordance with all applicable federal and state law, including but not limited to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended. The Executive Director is designated to administer compliance with the law and regulations. Amended and approved January 20, 2004.
Recently Filled Positions
Bloomsburg Area YMCA Mission Statement
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is a cause-driven Columbia County organization that is dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. The Bloomsburg Area YMCA addresses these needs through our facilities, programs, and community collaborations with likeminded organizations.
Vision Statement - To nurture every child and teen, to improve the health and well-being of our community residents, and to support fellow cause-driven Columbia County Associations.
The Y is here for our community:
Give the Y a Try!
The Bloomsburg YMCA is so much more than just a gym! Learn what our members already know with a seven-day free trial!
Bloomsburg Area YMCA
30 East 7th Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
HOURS OF OPERATION
UNITED WAY - The Bloomsurg Area YMCA is a program partner with the Columbia County United Way