The Bloomsburg YMCA is searching for candidates to fill our CEO vacancy.
Address: 30 E 7th St, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 (570-784-0188)
TO BE CONSIDERED, CANDIDATES MUST APPLY VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK: firstname.lastname@example.org. Final application is sent to email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Bloomsburg Area YMCA is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Introduction: Though the world may be unpredictable, one thing remains certain – the Bloomsburg Area YMCA is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, seniors, and families while supporting the needs of our community.
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA Board seeks an experienced leader who has the requisite background and skills to achieve excellence in the following areas:
- Develop a Strong Fiscal Plan and Continue Expanding Operational Performance:
Assess the current operation and create plans that will continue to grow membership and programs. Provide effective leadership to position the Bloomsburg Area YMCA for a strong fiscal performance while expanding services to the community. Work with the board and staff to develop long-term and annual tactical plans for achieving key goals and objectives.
• Lead and Develop the Staff Team:
Establish yourself as a leader to attract, motivate, engage, and retain staff in a positive and productive manner by implementing an expectation for excellence. Demonstrate an engaging, open, positive and inclusive leadership style with a proven history of displaying integrity, a strong work ethic and courage. Be innovative and maintain an open mind for developing new ways of expanding services and their impact.
• Advocate the Vision of the YMCA/Be the Heart and Soul of the Operation:
Proactively interact and communicate with Bloomsburg Area YMCA members, donors, staff, volunteers and the community. Serve as an active ambassador for the mission and vision for the Bloomsburg Area YMCA within the community as a respected leader with the ability to develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders developing mutually beneficial collaborations.
• Develop and Implement the Strategic Plan:
Lead the Bloomsburg Area YMCA in an effort that brings the all stakeholders together to create and implement a strategic plan that aligns with the mission and vision of the organization. By partnering with the board, staff, Bloomsburg Area YMCA members and the community, the CEO will oversee the development and achievement of a plan that drives collective and bold actions to address critical social issues in the community while positioning the organization for sustained success.
• Lead Fundraising Efforts:
Serve as the leader in fundraising efforts by working with the board to establish a plan for how the Y will increase grants and annual contributed dollars for operations and providing financial assistance as well as capital dollars for facility and playground/camp maintenance and renovations. Ensure public and private partnerships and resources are developed to support operational and future needs by instilling confidence, credibility, and trust in the Bloomsburg Area YMCA with community leaders and donors.
Salary Range: $67,000-$82,000 (salary commensurate with experience)
The new CEO is expected to live within the Y’s services area (as specified below).
Benefits: Healthcare plan and vacation, as well as other benefits per the personnel policy. Retirement: 5% Bloomsburg Area YMCA contribution; 3% employee contribution for a total of 8% (per eligibility requirements). CEO can contribute to his/her retirement from date-of-hire into the Bloomsburg Area YMCA 403(b) Smart Account. (www.yretirement.org).
Minimum Candidate Criteria:
1. Accredited 4-year college degree (required/non-negotiable).
2. Minimum five years prior experience in a senior management role with a YMCA or related experience at a comparable organization/company.
3. Proven successful track record of fiscal management for a complex organization exceeding $500,000 annually.
4. Demonstrated ability to develop and strengthen community relationships. Actively participate/join key community organizations.
5. Proven ability to develop new programs, review and enhance programs being offered and effective in broadening engagement in the community.
6. Demonstrated excellent leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as personal values consistent with the Bloomsburg Area YMCA mission.
7. Successful fundraising experience in annual campaigns.
8. YMCA Organizational Leader Certification (Note: Candidates not in possession of this certification have up to three years to obtain via Y-USA).
Bloomsburg Area YMCA Association Facts:
• Mission Statement: The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is a cause-driven Columbia County organization that is dedicated to Healthy Living, Youth Development, and Social Responsibility. The Bloomsburg Area YMCA addresses these needs through our facilities, programs, and community collaborations with likeminded organizations. • Vision Statement: To nurture every child and teen, to improve the health and well-being of our community residents, and to support fellow cause-driven Columbia County Associations.
• Service Area: Bloomsburg, Benton, Orangeville, Lightstreet, Catawissa plus the rest of the Columbia County Area as well as Danville
• Facility: The main facility, built in 1995, consists of 2 fitness centers, gymnastics room, aerobics room, gym, child watch room, men’s and women’s locker rooms, 5 office areas and a small meeting room. There is also a large play area outside with a pavilion. Separate preschool building with 2 floors for programs and meeting rooms complete the facility.
• Volunteer Leadership: 13 YMCA Board Members. Additionally, another 10+ volunteers are engaged annually to help the Y deliver its mission.
• Staff: Total of 55 staff. There are 5 staff who report directly to the CEO: Director of Membership and Front Office Staff, Fitness Director, Director of Marketing, Finance Director, and Director of Youth Development and Family Engagement.
• Membership: 1057 units/1776 members.
• Financial Position: Annual budget is $730,000 with a fiscal year of January-December. There is a mortgage of $105,000. YMCA operates on a tight margin with a break-even budget.
• Annual Fundraising: $21,400 raised in 2018. Campaign goal for 2019 was $30,000.
Attractions & Quality of Life Benefits to Living and Working in the Community:
Bloomsburg is a small historic town located within Columbia County and is home to just over 14,000 residents. The town is located 40 miles southwest of Wilkes-Barre and 130 miles from Philadelphia along the Susquehanna River. Bloomsburg is home to Bloomsburg University. The relaxed rural atmosphere of Bloomsburg is balanced by stimulating cultural and recreational activities year-round. Enjoy a number of galleries displaying local artists’ creations as well as historic architecture and a professional theater.
• Bloomsburg Area YMCA: bloomsburgy.org
• Bloomsburg Area School District: https://pa01000125.schoolwires.net/
• The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce: https://columbiamontourchamber.com/
• YMCA of the USA: www.ymca.net
Pennsylvania State Alliance of YMCAs: The Alliance exists to support and serve member Ys, across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the areas of board governance, strategic planning, shared services through networking and relationship building among Ys. By leveraging the Y brand and the strengths of Ys to speak with one voice by emphasizing our collective impact through strategic relationships, the Alliance influences public policy and connection to evidenced based solutions to advance our cause and position Ys to solve critical social issues. NOTE: PA has a bi-cameral, bipartisan YMCA Legislative Caucus in the General Assembly to advocate for issues of importance to YMCAs in Pennsylvania. More information available at the PA State Alliance of YMCAs’ website: www.psays.com. Follow us on Twitter: @AlliancePAYMCA
TO BE CONSIDERED, CANDIDATES MUST APPLY VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates can get information about the position and the Bloomsburg Area YMCA from http://bloomsburgy.org/ceosearch/. Candidates will be requested to submit the following: A resume and cover letter, along with three professional references.
Please Note: References checked on final candidates only with prior notification.
August 13th, 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,000.00 – $82,000.00 per year
Bloomsburg YMCA Mission Statement
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is a cause-driven Columbia County organization that is dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. The Bloomsburg Area YMCA addresses these needs through our facilities, programs, and community collaborations with likeminded organizations.
Vision Statement - To nurture every child and teen, to improve the health and well-being of our community residents, and to support fellow cause-driven Columbia County Associations.
The Y is here for our community:
Bloomsburg Area YMCA
30 East 7th Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sat (Summer): 8:00am-1:00pm
UNITED WAY - The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is a program partner with the Columbia County United Way