Bloomsburg Area YMCA Summer Camp
“Where Kids Come to Learn, Grow, & Explore”
For parents, extra support to keep children healthy and safe can go a long way. To give children an adventurous, active and healthy summer, the Bloomsburg Area Y is offering a variety of camp options to meet the needs of all our families’ youth in Bloomsburg and surrounding communities. YMCA camp programs provide a fun and unique experience that gives children and teens the opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.
The Bloomsburg Area Y offers Full Day Summer Camp for ages 5-16 and a variety of Half Day Mini Camps. The Bloomsburg YMCA provides a variety of opportunities to help ensure that children are learning and being physically active in the summer. Campers also learn how to be responsible and resourceful, work in groups, solve problems and make decisions that will help them grow as individuals – all while having fun.
7 reasons to attend summer camp at the Bloomsburg Y:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- FITNESS & FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, as well as help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits. Plus they will do weekly fitness classes with our fitness staff!
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, children have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst our 90 campers and the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, crafting, and field trips, campers will meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- ROLE MODELS: The YMCA summer camp staff will provide a safe environment with planned activities that are exciting and age appropriate. Our counselors have a passion for working with kids completed their bachelors’ degree in Human Services. In addition, all our counselors have criminal and child abuse clearances and are certified in First Aid/CPR, Child Abuse Prevention, and are trained in all elements of camp safety. So you can Rest assured that the Bloomsburg Area YMCA Counselors are trained, caring, and positive role models.
- ACADEMIC ADVANTAGE: One of our centers is enrichment where reading and learning take place! Children will not have the “Summer Learning Loss” effect and will go back to school in the fall ready to achieve!
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories that will last a lifetime. Children return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
The Y continues to give children an enriching, safe experience with caring staff and volunteers who model positive values that help build their campers’ character. Registration for the upcoming camp season will begin in April. Early registration is important to ensure your child is able to attend the camp of their choice before all spaces are full.
The Bloomsburg YMCA encourages parents to give their children the gift of camp. To ensure that all children have the chance to experience camp, the Bloomsburg Area YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need.
Bloomsburg Area YMCA Mission Statement
The Bloomsburg Area YMCA is a cause-driven Columbia County organization that is dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. The Bloomsburg Area YMCA addresses these needs through our facilities, programs, and community collaborations with likeminded organizations.
Vision Statement - To nurture every child and teen, to improve the health and well-being of our community residents, and to support fellow cause-driven Columbia County Associations.
The Y is here for our community:
Give the Y a Try!
The Bloomsburg YMCA is so much more than just a gym! Learn what our members already know with a seven-day free trial!
Bloomsburg Area YMCA
30 East 7th Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
HOURS OF OPERATION
UNITED WAY - The Bloomsurg Area YMCA is a program partner with the Columbia County United Way